Last updated December 21, 2020
The Coalition for Affordable Prescription Drugs represents a diverse group of public and private employers, retirees, unions, and the pharmacy benefit mangers they partner with to promote and advocate for the provision of affordable, sustainable prescription drug coverage to their employees and members. Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Coalition for Affordable Prescription Drugs (“CAPD”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please see the form at the bottom of this policy.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We only collect the personal information that you provide to us.
Personal Information (“PI”) is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group. We collect PI that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us, the Site, or Services or you otherwise contact us.
- The PI that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us via the Site and your use of the Services, including the choices you make, and the features you use. The PI we collect can include the following:first and last name
- email address
- information contained in comments or messages that you submit to us in free text boxes
You may provide us Personal Information when you:
- request information from us using the Contact Us feature of the Site/Services.
We do not collect any sensitive PI such as health information or any financial information, and we ask that you refrain from providing any sensitive PI to us. All PI that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such PI.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some non-personal information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Site or use the Services.
In addition to the PI that you provide to us, we may also collect certain non-personal information during your visit to our Site/your use of the Services. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Site/Services. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
(1) session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
(2) persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
We may use the following categories of cookies on the Site/Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the Site/Services and use their features. Without these cookies some features you have requested cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Site/Services to help us understand how you arrive at our Site, browse or use our Site/Services and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Site, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Site more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. These cookies remember the websites you visit.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Site/Services or lose access to some features or functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If contact us, you may receive emails from us, and we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Third-party websites. We may work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Website and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
2. HOW WILL WE USE OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We only share information to respond to your inquiry, to comply with laws, to provide you with the Site and/or Services, to protect our rights, or to improve the Site and/or Services.
The information that we gather and you provide is collected to provide you with the information and the services that you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting you with items such as personalized experiences of the Site/Services and facilitation of your usage of the Site/Services.
- Preventing malicious activity and providing you with a secure experience of the Site/Services.
- Providing support for information you request through the Site/Services.
- Providing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest content.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our marketing programs.
- Contacting you in response to inquiries that you may submit to us through the Site/Services.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide services, and they are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting our rights and properties or those of our subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of our employees.
3. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing, legitimate business need to process your PI, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
4. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site and Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Site and Services within a secure environment.
5. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site and/or Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at CAPDprivacy@gmail.com.
6. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
7. DO INTERNATIONAL USERS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: No, the Site/Services are directed at U.S. residents and are not intended for international users.
The Site and Services are operated and maintained within the United States. They are therefore directed toward users who live in the United States, and we make no assurances or representations of any kind that the Site/Services are suitable for use outside the U.S. or in any country in which you reside. By using the Site/Services, you affirm that you are a U.S. resident. We do not knowingly collect, use, store, disclose, or otherwise process the PI of any European Union residents.
8. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.